Thursday, May 27, 2010

MY PHOTOS OF DONEGAL

Those who read my blogs will know I'm an avid taker of photographs of Donegal.  One, I love photography with a passion, and two, I love showing people how absolutely stunning Donegal is and I can do that through showing my photographs on various sites and blogs.

So imagine my delight when I heard that the Irish Daily Mirror today had used some of my photographs of Donegal in a centre page spread they did showing photos of Ireland.  I got the paper and was even more delighted to see that out of the ten photos they printed seven, yes, seven were mine!  (To view the pics they used click on the link at the end of this post).

How's that for getting our fabulous county some coverage? 

Added to that the Democrat on Sunday this week will feature my photograph of MacSwynes Castle and bay (shown below) in a massive centre page spread.  And conincidentally, the photograph the Democrat chose is the one I chose as the header for both this blog and the all new WeLoveDonegal.com site!

MacSwynes Castle, St. John's Point, County Donegal

If the photos help bring more people here to see the county for themselves I will be delighted.  It is certainly paradise for photographers and artists and these people should beat a path up here to take advantage of our stunning scenery which in my totally unbiased opinion, is the best in Ireland.

PHOTOS USED BY IRISH DAILY MIRROR

No comments:

Post a Comment